The SAHISA Constitution
The name of the association is the Southern African Heads of Independent Schools Association, formerly known as The Conference of Heads of Independent Schools in South Africa (HMC).
SAHISA subscribes to the vision of ISASA of a Southern Africa in which:
- quality education is provided to all Southern African learners;
- the value of independent education in contributing to this goal is recognised; and
- a value-based, public-spirited community of diverse, high quality, independent schools is developed.
- SAHISA is an association of heads that promotes the highest standards of professional practice and conduct of its members in order to ensure quality independent education for learners in their schools
- It strives to foster collegiality and the professional development of heads and their staff, by creating a forum for interaction and mutual support.
- It seeks to use its expertise and collective voice to promote the profession and contribute to invigorating education in Southern Africa.
Download the full SAHISA Constitution: